COVID-19 - Funeral Update
We have all been through a very difficult few months and our hearts go out to all those who have lost loved ones during this time, and who have not been able to say goodbye in the way they would have wished.
We are glad to see restrictions being slowly and carefully lifted. Recent changes in government guidelines and policy mean that we are now able to relax some of the restrictions which we saw during lock-down:
- Funeral gatherings can now include up to 20 mourners. This number does not include the minister/celebrant or funeral staff and applies to both indoor and outdoor services.
- Funerals can be held within our newly socially-distanced service room in our Chapel Street funeral home and we offer live-streaming of services for those who are unable to attend. We can also record a high-definition video of each service.
- Churches are beginning to open again for Sunday services and for funerals, but this differs between churches and some may be able to accommodate fewer than 20 mourners. On arranging a funeral we liaise closely with both family and clergy to ensure a safe environment for all.
- Whether you are attending a service at our funeral home, a crematorium or within a church you will be required to wear a face covering. This will not be required when outdoors or at a graveside service, however all are politely requested to be mindful of a 2 metre physical distancing rule.
- To assist with the government's Test & Protect strategy if you are attending a funeral service you will be asked to provide contact details. This applies to both indoor and outdoor services. The information is held for three weeks by the funeral director, and by the council responsible for the crematorium or cemetery where the service takes place.
To assist us in creating a safe space in our funeral homes for all of the families we serve, whether you need to discuss funeral arrangements, you are visiting a loved one in our care, or you wish to discuss a memorial or pre-need funeral arrangements, we would ask that you contact our office by telephone prior to your visit.
If you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to call us and we’ll do our best to answer your question.
And please, stay healthy and well.
All best wishes,
Vicki and Team